The podcast now has its own website! Visit www.conversationsaboutsex.com, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and join the conversation.
Conversations About Sex is a podcast that examines the cultural, societal and practical reasons why sexual education in the UK is doing little to equip young people for healthy and happy sex lives, and asks what we can do to make things better. Each episode will take apart a particular aspect of the sex education we all wish we’d had: consent, gender roles and identity, the myths surrounding virginity, porn and more (see below). I’ll be inviting professionals from a wide variety of industries to join the discussion, including porn actors, sex educators and medical practitioners, as well as ordinary members of the public.
If you would like to contribute your stories, opinions and questions, I would love to hear from you, no matter your background or beliefs. Diversity of experience and opinion is key to making this project valuable and accessible to all.
- What is Sex? (Not Just Penis-in-Vagina)
- Your Body (Masturbation and Anatomy)
- Virginity (Myths and Facts)
- Consent (and Healthy Relationships)
- Gender pt 1 (That Heteronorm: Masculinity and Femininity)
- Gender pt 2 (Bending the Heteronorm: Trans, Gender-queer and Intersex Identity)
- We’re Queer, We’re Here! (Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Identity and Issues)
- Porn (!!!)
- Safe Sex pt 1 (Sexually-transmitted diseases and Stigma)
- Safe Sex pt 2 (Dysfunction and Trauma)
- Are My Preferences ‘Normal’? (Kink and Asexuality)
- Different Bodies, Different Needs (Disability and Sex)
- Community (Religion, Medicine, Government and Your Parents)
Challenge your assumptions about sex.